Sooooo yummy… after a meal or with a cup of tea!! The pecans are ground fine, so they act as the flour, while the maple syrup is the primary sweetener. Makes 10.
Source: Recommended by my client, Claudia C. From: A New Way to Bake, by Martha Stewart
· 2 cups pecans, chopped
· 1 cup old fashion rolled oats
· 3/4 tsp. baking powder
· 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
· 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
· 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1/4 cup maple syrup
· 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
· 3 oz. dark chocolate, chopped into 1/4” pieces (1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Working in 2 batches, process pecans in food processor until just finely ground, not paste
3. Transfer to a bowl and stir in oats, baking powder, salt and cornstarch.
4. Make a well in the center: add olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla
5. Stir to combine, and fold in the chocolate.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
7. Scoop and firmly pack dough using 1/4 meas. cup
8. Transfer to sheet, flatten slightly
9. Bake, rotating sheet half way through, until golden, about 20 minutes.